Notarial services (legalising papers) in Australia

The Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade (DFAT) provides some services that are notarial Australia. We deliver these solutions through the mail and also at Australian Passport Offices.

Explore this site for information regarding:

These pages is for those who need a document legalised in Australia, to make use of offshore. If you are currently offshore, see services that are notarial.

Do i have to get my papers legalised?

DFAT can not inform you in the event that you must get the papers legalised. You need to ask the international authority whom asked for your document.

This implies contacting the patient, company, organization, academic institution or federal government agency straight. Inquire further in the event that you must ensure you get your document legalised before they’re going to accept it.

Papers we could legalise in Australia

We are able to just legalise Australian general public papers:

  • Originals released by Australian federal federal government agencies or officials
  • Originals granted by Australian tertiary education organizations
  • Copies notarised by Australian Notary Publics

We cannot legalise every other papers in Australia.

Find out more about papers we could legalise.

Ways to get your write-ups legalised in Australia

Step one: ready your papers

Follow these actions before you request our solutions.

  1. Ask the authority that is overseas documents you want legalised. DFAT can not give you advice the thing you need legalised to make use of an additional nation.
  2. Confirm the documents meet the criteria for legalising by DFAT. If in question, call us first.
  3. Determine if you’ll need either an apostille or a verification for the papers.
  4. Gather your write-ups. Continue reading